In this hectic world that we live in stress has become a number one problem. To reduce stress you need to have a place where you can relax and take time to rejuvenate yourself. You need this relaxing space to be close to home so you can visit it often. Just imagine having your own Puerta Vallarta or Turks and Caicos and it be just mere steps away. You need an at-home oasis that you can kick your shoes off, grab a beer, take a deep breath, and let out the deepest sigh imaginable.
To establish a relaxing space that is close enough to visit often you only need to look as far as your backyard. On your own property you can create a unique and inviting spot to relax and enjoy. The majority of the time when we think about creating outdoor spaces on our property we think about creating spaces where the children can play or where we can entertain. It is time to forget the kid’s desires and forget entertaining guests; you need to concentrate on an outdoor spot that is designed for you.
Waterfalls are Relaxing
Have you ever listened to a waterfall cascading over rocks? The sound is calming and makes you feel at peace with nature and with yourself. While listening to the water gently flowing over the rocks you can push the stresses of work, family and life aside and allow yourself to relax.
Waterfalls are great features to add to the landscape of your property. The size of the waterfall will depend on your personal preferences, and the size of the space you are creating. The waterfall can be used as a water feature that brings water to plants and shrubs, or it can be made to deliver water to your pool.
Certain aromas can put the most stress-induced person into a calmer state. For instance, the smell of lavender can easily relax you and your partner after a long day at work. To help create a space where you can relax and leave the cares of the world behind you can plant lavender, and other aromatic plants close to your space.
Aloe Vera plants improve the quality of the air you breathe. Gerbera daisies also help improve the air by removing some of the toxins. Rosemary is an herb that helps reduce stress and improve your memory.
When you picture your relaxing spot in your back yard picture the sounds of a waterfall and the aromas of stress reducing plants.
A Living Space
You need a comfortable place to sit and enjoy these sounds and aromas. Creating a small patio space with pavers will allow you to have a spot to place a comfortable furniture set, or just a couple of chairs. You need some tables beside those chairs so you can set your iced tea glass down, and a fire-pit or outdoor fireplace will allow you to enjoy your space even when autumn starts to bring a chill to the air.
Establishing an area that has pavers as a foundation will keep you from having to move the furniture so you can mow. It keeps the furniture cleaner, and allows everything to sit level.
If you want to know more about how to establish an outdoor space that is perfectly relaxing call the experts at Fritz Stonework and Retaining Walls, (636-861-1530). You can also visit their website to get inspiration for your personal oasis. https://fritzstonework.com/
It is that time of the year! Where coats are put back into the closets, and the outdoors begin calling. Patio furniture does not go out of fashion as fast as other home items. Nonetheless, the aspect of your patio can be drastically modified with simple touches or radical additions. New year, new patio! Here are this year’s patio trends:
- Lighting. A significant player in any courtyard, your lighting can set the mood for a friendly gathering or a romantic encounter. LED technology has brought a new option in custom LEDs: with the appropriate design, LED lights can highlight certain features of your outdoor space. The best part? You can control shade and intensity with just a few clicks on your phone. And speaking of light, shade umbrellas are a great facet on outdoor patios. Look for those that will maximize your outdoor space to give it that extra pop!
- Mixed Materials. Mixing different materials would have been a no-no in the past. Nonetheless, this trend continues to gain popularity in the last several years. Are you looking to make your patio shine with a bit of sparkle? Then unleash the creativity! Forget about one color, one material patios and step out of the comfort zone to impress your guests. Some of the most refreshing combinations are copper and birch, wicker and aluminum, concrete, and oak. This will also make it easier for you to find outdoor furniture that matches.
- Fire pits. Outdoor fireplaces have a dual purpose: first, it allows you to enjoy your patio despite cold weather. Just imagine yourself on a chilly afternoon, enjoying a family gathering around comforting flames. Even on warm summer nights, fireplaces make the thought of spending some time outside feel like a great idea. The second purpose is decorative. No doubt, a beautiful fire pit is a focal point in an outdoor space; our decoration experts assure that firepits make any patio look larger. The idea of an outdoor fireplace can be intimidating, but at Fritz Stone Works, we have the best techniques to install and maintain a fire pit. All you have to do is enjoy it!
- Darker, bolder colors. Having a colorful patio makes it unique and also trendy. Don’t be afraid to go darker, or even charcoal grey. Bold colors make a patio look modern and sleek. Stripes are also a big trend for 2020 and should not be limited to furniture as stripes can be mixed in your materials as well!
- Sustainable areas. Patios are such a versatile space in one’s home as they are not only a decorative section of the house, but they become a place for memories. This space will be the area your kids will learn to care for plants or the site you’ll host a memorable party or the setting for a romantic moment. But remember, beneath those moments lie a host of tiny ecosystems existing under your feet. So be sure to build your patio with sustainability in mind for the flora and fauna residing under and around your patio. The trend for this year is to make your outdoor areas as sustainable and functional as possible.
If you are looking for inspiration or an expert’s advice on how to make the most of your patio, then call Fritz Stone Works at 636-861-1530 or visit our website at https://fritzstonework.com/ for more information about our services.
Many people are reluctant to build on properties that are going to require a retaining wall. People often view retaining walls as structures that are less than attractive. They try doing things like planting shrubbery in front of the wall to hide its existence.
Instead of not building because you need a retainer wall or building a wall that you feel the need to hide, why not build a retaining wall that is so attractive that you want to showcase it. Make your retaining wall an aesthetically pleasing addition to your property décor.
Review your options. A retaining wall can be constructed from many different brick and stone options. You can use the look of the material that you choose to enhance the look and feel of your property. This is your Shangri-La and it should be the mystical, harmonious space that you envision.
Make it curvy. A retaining wall can be shaped so that it does its duty and adds a unique and flagrant touch to your architectural design. These walls can be curved, or straight. They can be tall and majestic or shorter and low profile. The possibilities are endless, and only your imagination can hold you back from creating a wall that is alluring and inviting.
Use patterns. Consider building a basic retaining wall and then at the top of the wall create patterns out of the rock or stone that will be unique. You can install bricks and leave open spaces, you can create a look that resembles the top of a castle wall, how about installing glass bricks or colored mirror balls to create a fantasy area?
Add some color. Your wall can bring an old world feel to your property with the right material and design choices. You can also showcase a beautiful rose garden, or flowering display, behind a short wall of natural stone.
Make it shine. Strategically placed lighting can enhance the beauty of the wall at night, and it can create a softer image. The lighting can also help safe guard your home from uninvited guests.
Make some steps. Build your steps out of the same material as the wall, or build steps out of a contrasting material to create an eye-catching entrance. You can use pavers to create an artistic design on the area behind, or in front of the wall. You can use pavers to create a walkway that matches, or contrasts the wall you have designed.
You can choose materials that fit into the natural landscape so the wall is less noticeable. By using stone that is similar to the natural stones of the area your retaining wall can blend into the natural surroundings and become a part of the landscape.
A properly designed retaining wall can actually increase the value of your property. When you build a beautiful structure you increase the curb appeal of the property, and property that is nicer to look at, and more functional, is worth more money if you ever decide to sell.
The team of professionals at Fritz Stonework & Retaining Walls can help you to create a wall that will be functional, beautiful, and unique. Give them a call today and let them show you what they can do with your ideas.