It is that time of the year! Where coats are put back into the closets, and the outdoors begin calling. Patio furniture does not go out of fashion as fast as other home items. Nonetheless, the aspect of your patio can be drastically modified with simple touches or radical additions. New year, new patio! Here are this year’s patio trends:
- Lighting. A significant player in any courtyard, your lighting can set the mood for a friendly gathering or a romantic encounter. LED technology has brought a new option in custom LEDs: with the appropriate design, LED lights can highlight certain features of your outdoor space. The best part? You can control shade and intensity with just a few clicks on your phone. And speaking of light, shade umbrellas are a great facet on outdoor patios. Look for those that will maximize your outdoor space to give it that extra pop!
- Mixed Materials. Mixing different materials would have been a no-no in the past. Nonetheless, this trend continues to gain popularity in the last several years. Are you looking to make your patio shine with a bit of sparkle? Then unleash the creativity! Forget about one color, one material patios and step out of the comfort zone to impress your guests. Some of the most refreshing combinations are copper and birch, wicker and aluminum, concrete, and oak. This will also make it easier for you to find outdoor furniture that matches.
- Fire pits. Outdoor fireplaces have a dual purpose: first, it allows you to enjoy your patio despite cold weather. Just imagine yourself on a chilly afternoon, enjoying a family gathering around comforting flames. Even on warm summer nights, fireplaces make the thought of spending some time outside feel like a great idea. The second purpose is decorative. No doubt, a beautiful fire pit is a focal point in an outdoor space; our decoration experts assure that firepits make any patio look larger. The idea of an outdoor fireplace can be intimidating, but at Fritz Stone Works, we have the best techniques to install and maintain a fire pit. All you have to do is enjoy it!
- Darker, bolder colors. Having a colorful patio makes it unique and also trendy. Don’t be afraid to go darker, or even charcoal grey. Bold colors make a patio look modern and sleek. Stripes are also a big trend for 2020 and should not be limited to furniture as stripes can be mixed in your materials as well!
- Sustainable areas. Patios are such a versatile space in one’s home as they are not only a decorative section of the house, but they become a place for memories. This space will be the area your kids will learn to care for plants or the site you’ll host a memorable party or the setting for a romantic moment. But remember, beneath those moments lie a host of tiny ecosystems existing under your feet. So be sure to build your patio with sustainability in mind for the flora and fauna residing under and around your patio. The trend for this year is to make your outdoor areas as sustainable and functional as possible.
If you are looking for inspiration or an expert’s advice on how to make the most of your patio, then call Fritz Stone Works at 636-861-1530 or visit our website at https://fritzstonework.com/ for more information about our services.